Monday, May 1, 2017

I can get to where I want to be with Christ's help

Helloo

This week has been pretty good, we found a few super solid new investigators, but almost all of them left for the summer . . . we have a few solid people to work with though and now that all the people who are leaving for summer have actually left it will get a lot better.

On Tuesday I got to interview the other YSA elders' investigator for baptism. It was so good, she honestly could have taught me all the missionary lessons and she had only been investigating for 7 weeks! It was also her birthday on Tuesday so while we were in the interview at the institute a bunch of members showed up and we had a surprise birthday party for her which was super fun. Good thing she passed though or else that could've been kinda awkward haha.

Her baptism was sooo good too. Probably the best baptismal service that I've been able to go to. Giuliana's parents drove up from central Florida and her roommate came and the spirit was just so strong. Her parents were not super down with her getting baptized, but they came and without a doubt they were feeling the spirit and so hopefully they are more supportive now.

Our investigator Jimmy came to the baptism which was awesome, and our man Chizu came to the confirmation at church, so hopefully we can get some progression out of those guys.

On Thursday I got to drive up to Jacksonville with Elder Floyd for MLC. It was a good time and we drove back a brand new car for another companionship which was cool. Something that President challenged us all to do is to cut out all forms of criticism in our lives. It has been a super humbling experience for me because I never really realized how critical I could be and how generally cynical I am.

When I say this was a humbling experience I mean really humbling. Like to the dust, just realizing how much room I had to grow, and that I wasn't nearly as good as I thought I was, but its been cool how the Spirit just brings peace and hope into the equation, and the assurance that I can get to where I want to be with Christ's help. It's an interesting challenge to take, so if you want a humbling experience then go for it!

Love you all!

Elder Olson



Giuliana's baptism

White Springers at MLC

The Stadium field was open so we went and played ultimate frisbee
for exercises. It was sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment