Monday, February 27, 2017

First few days working in YSA

Hi everyone!!

It has been a crazy long but great week. Being in White Springs feels like forever ago.

The last day in White Springs was probably one of the most emotionally exhausting days of my life, but really good though. Leaving White Springs was just so hard, I love the people there so much!! We had dinner with the Harris' which was great and we also had one last lesson with Cathie and Johnna which was awesome. I may have cried a little... or a lot. I am going to miss White Springs so much!!

Wednesday was also pretty draining. I was just wrecked after Tuesday and then the long drive from White Springs to Jax and then Jax to Gainesville. It is super weird to be back in Gainesville, especially back in the same apartment complex as the beginning my mission.

My new companion's name is Elder Kautai, we get along really well. He has been out for 9 months and he is Tongan and from Texas. He redshirted on University of Utah's football team, but we don't let that affect our relationship haha. He has tons of energy and passion, it's just directing that passion in the right way. He is really great though and he really fits well in the YSA.

Serving on campus is soooo different though. I felt like a total greenie on Wednesday it was so werird. The work is just totally different and there are so many people... and they are all smart and educated. But I've mostly adjusted by now to serving in the YSA and it is super fun. It's crazy: if we don't have appointments we are just constantly street contacting on campus, and we've met some really awesome people.

I've seen a few 5th ward members, and one person from Calgary which was super weird. Apparently she lives in Auburn Bay or something but I didn't know her.

We've had some awesome miracles so far too. A bunch of new investigators and really solid people. On Sunday night we were still 3 NI's short of our goal so we went tracting for the last hour of the night. Elder Kautai was like "hey so we don't have time to go all the way to the fourth floor last door, so lets just skip to the fourth floor" and I was fine with it and then the first door we knocked on the guy let us right in and we taught him and and his 3 roommates!! They are so elect, they are all East Indian graduate students at UF and really want to know the truth!!

Anyways I feel like I've been all over the place, but that's just how the week has been. Gainesville has been a blast and I love you all!!

Elder Olson



No comments:

Post a Comment