Thursday, August 18, 2016

Birthday and a Baptism

Greetings!!! 

This week has been SO good! Easily the best week of the last couple transfers haha. 

Tuesday was an especially great day, we had district meeting in the morning and let me tell ya, I have the best district in world. No joke. Haha so the Zone Leaders and I had just finished up iPad checks and so I walk into the room where the meeting was and the district had decorated it up for my birthday and they all sang happy birthday to me! Haha I definitley wasn't expecting it and I'm usually a pretty low key birthday kind of guy but it sure was nice of them. They even made a cake and everything. I am seriously too blessed. 

After district meeting I got to go on trade offs with Elder Britsch who is seriously one of the most Christlike people I know. I can't think of a better guy to spend a bday with then Elder Britsch, haha he just made everything so fun! He is a Spanish elder so working in their area was a little tricky for me, as I can't quite remember all of the Spanish that Dora the Explorer taught me as a child. We still had an awesome day, one of their investigators also spoke english so I got to be involved in some of the teaching and we set a baptismal date with her! 
Then for dinner he had this really awesome family in his ward, the Raider's, take us out to dinner at this Japanese Steakhouse and it was SOOOO good. Like seriously the best food that I've eaten in the last 59 weeks haha. Then we finished off the night by teaching an English class which was super fun. It definitely made me jealous of all of my friends serving foreign languages. 
It was just such a good day though, shouts out to Elder Britsch because he is just >>>

Oh and during our exchange Elder Brtisch's companion, Elder Gregory, interviewed Jerry for his baptism and he passed!!! What could be a better birthday present than that??

Jerry's baptism was so awesome! He asked me to baptize him and when he came up out of the water he just put his hands in his face and started to cry... It was such a tender moment, and the hug that followed it one of best ever hahaha. He said to me as we were changing "I just feel like things that I didn't even realize that I was carrying have been washed away". His happiness just made me so happy!! Truly the countenance of Christ was engraved on his face that day. 

His words reminded me of one of my favourite Scriptures, Matthew 11:28-30:

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

This is what the work is all about! Repentance and Baptism to bring about the remission of sins! I love it so much, the gospel just gets me excited. Idk its something that is hard to describe. 

Anyways things are going really well here in Fleming Island! Hopefully we can keep the baptisms rolling!

byyyeee


Elder Olson





No comments:

Post a Comment