Monday, June 20, 2016

We always have the choice to be happy

Hellooo,

This week has been long. Like really long.

We had transfers on Wednesday and so I had to say goodbye to Elder Smith. One transfer with him just wasn't enough, I'm going to miss him. We had lots of good times.

Sooo transfers. We went to the Mandarin building in J-Ville to get our new comps and I got to see all of my former companions which was awesome! I've loved all my companions so much, even if we had some struggles.

My new companion's name is Elder Eric Call, he is from a little town in northern AZ called Chino Valley, and he has been out for 6 months. He is an interesting man, a little on the quiet side but very profound. I've had a lot of quiet companions, I think the Lord might be trying to tell me something haha. Elder Call is a hard worker and an obedient missionary and he wants go do his best which is all anyone can ask for. We are still getting to know each other but I'm sure we'll be homies in no time.

We had district meeting on Thursday which was fun! We have a few new people in our district so it was good to get to know them. In the meeting I gave a training on enduring to the end which I loved preparing. Preparing trainings can be a battle and a half sometimes, but I always feel like I am getting such powerful inspiration and it is such a neat experience every time without fail. I guess it's just really cool to feel like the Lord is teaching me about the gospel on a personal level. 

Oh we have also had a bunch of miracles since Elder Call has arrived! He is a highly favoured servant of the Lord, of that I have no doubt. We ended up randomly finding 2 different LA families whose records aren't in the ward which was a miracle and then we found this woman named Crystal who is SO elect!! We tracted into her and before we could even say anything she started going off about how she loves the Mesa Temple so much and how the spirit there is so strong and she misses going and having picnics at the Mesa Temple. Like what!!! She then told us that her ex-bf was a less active member and his Dad told her all about the church and this is what she said "I already know that the mormon church is the true church, I just can't give up coffee so I haven't joined" ahhhh we were so pumped!! We set up an appointment to teach her tomorrow so hopefully that goes well!!

The work really seemed to slow down at the end of the week, it was a true struggle. We are set up for lots of success this next week though. What was funny to me is that I had just prepared and given an awesome training (I thought it was good, but it was probably a little closer to average than awesome) on enduring to the end, and yet I was struggling with just enduring to the end of the week. Idk what it was, but these last few days were a battle. I was praying about it and trying to ask the Lord what I needed to do to make next week better and I felt a bit spiritually rebuked haha. I realized that it was really just my attitude that was inhibiting me from being happy and enjoying the week. Abraham Lincoln said something to the effect of, "a man is usually as happy as he makes his mind up to be".

I just needed to turn my frowny face into a smile and we would've been all good, but for whatever reason I just chose not to do it. We always have the choice to be happy, which is something I am so grateful for. If I was ever getting whiney or sad as a child my wise father (oh btw happy fathers day Dad!!) would say "if you don't stop crying, I'll give you something to cry about". Sometimes I think our Heavenly Father feels the same way, and he keeps sending us things to cry about until we have no choice but to stop crying, and put a brave face on.

Anyways thats my two cents for the day. Love you all!

Elder Olson








No comments:

Post a Comment